OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic

97 Spyder pulls left hard,

Customer Question

97 Spyder pulls left hard,alignment checked ok, fresh brake job, balanced and rotated good tires, radial engine torque reduces left pull by 30%, how much should the engine mount move and are multiple worn bushings in lower a-arms suspect for such a strong left pull - any suggestions would be helpful
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

The engine mounts are known to go bad on these car. You may want to purchase the polyurethane insert. They will do the trick. There should be little movment in the engine (since the mounts are rubber), however not too much.

As for the bushing, that is another thing that tends to go out and you can actually purchase a polyurethane kit for that as well. I would check the control arm bushings, that is what usually caused the pull to the left.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

While your info seems right on, can I get confirmation and or clarification from another answerer (sp)? with some additional info: the left pull is constant and consistent (opposes the weight of my right hand hanging on the rim) regardless of speed and reduces only upon hard acceleration in 2nd gear;and tire store said their second check was substantially different when rechecked after check ride - still pulling hard left; I am now assuming a collection of loose bushings are at fault;some clarification please.