OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic

93 mazda: wont overheated untill it didnt start.When it

Customer Question

my 93 mazda mx6 wont start, it overheated untill it didnt start.When it overheated i wet the engine several times.Now i have water in my pistons wat is the cheapiest fix to get it running
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Bad news, you have a blow head gasket.

When the var overheats, there is always a chance that you may blow the head gasket. The head is made of aluminum and has lower heat resistance. If it's exposed to high heat is may warp and this will blow the head gasket.

You will need to remove the head, resurface (or possibly replace) the head, and replace the head gasket and head studs.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so should i try to get the water out or replace the engine with one from pic a part

Even if you get the water out, new water will enter right away. The head gasket is not sealing and it's allowing water to enter into the chambers and on top of the pistions.

Your best bet is to get a new engine from pic a part.

Sorry to deliver the bad news.