FixItMan, Master Technician

limited: spin..about 15,000 miles..engine compartment

Customer Question

own a 04 mits.endeavor limited,with abs/traction control.recently moved to winter climate and the problem is when driving on snowy/ice covered roads if the tires spin at all it cuts back the motor, (similar as a governor works)which creates a real problem when trying to climb inclines it makes it difficult to gain any momentum.Tires are only 2 yrs.old with about 15,000 miles on them.I've read the owners manual and didnt find anythiny covering this item.I did however disable the ABS by removing the fuse in the engine compartment,but it didnt disable the traction control.when driving it still comes on and symbol appears on dash board.Please advise if this function can be disabled for winter driving.
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer your vehicle should be equipped with the TCL switch as shown in the picture below. When you start the vehicle you just need to press the button and the TCL Off should illuminate on the dash indicating that the traction control is off.