Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

disco(2) td5 es auto Diesel 2005 with 133 000km, but have been looking

Customer Question

Hi sorry to worry you guys.I have been looking to buy a disco(2) TD5 es auto Diesel 2005 with 133 000km, but have been looking on the web and talking to people. Very confused as get a different story all the time. Are these discos a heap of junk and going to cost a fortune to sort out, and always giving trouble? I am very rarely going to do any serious off roading. Just like the look and space they have, also not a Yuppie wanting the disco 3, but if that is realy the better option then I will consider it, also will have +- 155 000km 2005/2006 year.But frightened with all the computer and electronic stuff more things to go wrong and costly. Any suggestions ? Regards XXXXX [email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 6 years ago.
Hi,how are you?I would stay away from this vehicle.I am a warranty inspector as well as a mechanic and go out for claims on the vehicles all the time.These vehicles can be very costly due to electrical and transmission issues.