George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

1989 mazda 626: None of the signal lights work..bulbs

I have 1989 mazda 626. None of the signal lights work. All the bulbs are good and the signal fuse. The hazard lights work also. Is this going to be a wiring issue or is it something else I can check first?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You will have to make a couple of tests to determine what the issue is, check the green/black wire connection at the turn switch for constant power with the key on, if you have power there check the green/yellow and brown/red wires as you work the turn switch to see if the power comes out of the switch. If it does replace the flasher unit. If it does not and you have power into the switch replace the switch.

You can use an inexpensive testlight ($5) that is available at autoparts and big box stores to make these tests. Try it out on the battery first.

Let me know the outcome and I am here to provide further help if need be