George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

Hyundai tiburon: clutch..scruce is o ready out on trans i cant get

Customer Question

how to replace clutch for hyndai tiburon 2003,scruce is o ready out on trans i can't get out pleace cant you tell me how is the next step.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Two tricks, first the trans has to come out the bottom. Remove the subframe after hanging the engine from the top

Next remove the clutch actuating lever from the trans pivot shaft. It has a pinch bolt and is splined to the shaft, loosen the pinch bolt and pull straight up. This allows the fingers of the shaft to slip out of the throwout bearing which stays in the clutch pressure plate.

When you install the new clutch the throwout bearing is installd to the fingers on the pivot shaft then the trans is installed and the actuating lever. Turn the lever sharply and the bearing will snap into the pressure plate

Let m eknow if you have further questions about this

Thank you