Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

MIL..the O2 signal Ground and Pos..convertor..O2 sensors

I have made MIL iliminators but the wire colors got me confused. I need to connect to the O2 signal Ground and Pos. What color wires are these on the two rear convertor O2 sensors?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
The pink wire is hot for the heater control circuits and the red/white and tan/white are grounds for heater control. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to tap into the signal ground & Pos. are those the wires I need?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
The puple and puple/white are for signal high and tan and tan/white are for signal lows. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know this with my wiring diagram. I need to know is the low signal the ground? Have you used a MIL iliminator on GM before?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
There isnt a ground on this sensor like some vehicles have but if you hook up the ground on the on the low it will have the same effect. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So I should hook the signal Pos feed to the purple and the signal grnd to the tan should do the trick?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Correct that will work as long as the kit was made for this vehicle. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.