Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

2003 Santa fe: the fluid in the transfer case be flushed and replaced

how often should the fluid in the transfer case be flushed and replaced? I have a 2003 Santa fe.
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Transfer case fluid needs to be changed out every 25,000 miles. Below is maintenance schedule for your vehicle thru 150,000 miles. I know alot of people think that the maintenance schedule is put out by dealerships just to sell services, but please remember that the maintenance schedule is actually made by the engineers that designed the components and came up with the schedule according to wear patterns, and known longevity of fluids before they break down and no longer protect and lubricate the components:

Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

If you have any questions about the information I provided, feel free to ask for more help. Otherwise, click the accept button to pay for services rendered