Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic
28939717

1993 Toyota camry: There is an alarm system in the car, which I

Customer Question

I own a 1993 Toyota camry. There is an alarm system in the car, which I did not know when I purchased the car. Recently I had to replace the battery, which reactivated the alarm. Now I cannot start the car. I have located the alarm module, and the shock sensor, but cannot seem to find any kind of valet or on/off switch. I don't need the alarm, so if your answer permanently disables it, that would be just fine with me!
Category: Car
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 4 years ago.
if you disconnect the battery

then pull the two fuses that feed the alarm box

reconnect the battery this should disable the alarm

if this does not work you need to follow the wires from the alarm box to the ignition harness

you will see where they tapped in. if there is a factory wire that has been cut you should disconnect the wires that run to the alarm box and reconnect the factory wires by color

the black/white wire is your start wire

Paul

Message Answered By Paul M

Making a Deposit Does Not Pay Me

Please leave Feedback On My Answer

Any Bonus Is Greatly Appreciated Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Paul, how do I know which two fuses feed the alarm box? I have pulled every fuse I can find in the car, and the led for the alarm continues to blink regardless.
the fuses are usually inline on the wires that feed the alarm box

follow the alarm wires and you should see the large fuse holders inline with the wires

they are not in the fuse box

Paul

Message Answered By Paul M

Making a Deposit Does Not Pay Me

Please leave Feedback On My Answer

Any Bonus Is Greatly Appreciated Thanks

Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience: Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Found 1 fuse holder with a 20amp fuse in it. disconnected the battery, pulled the fuse, reconnected the battery. Now the alarm appears to be disabled, (no flashing led, no side marker lights blinking; I cut the wire to the siren a long time ago) but the car still won't start. So, I started unwrapping the electrical tape and found the black/white wire, spliced it, and started the car. My problem now is that I don't know how,other than "accepting" your answer, to tell you how much I appreciate your help.
You can leave positive feedback

thanks

Paul
it still shows your question as open did you click the accept button?

thanks

Paul