Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified
11302663

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOU TOD CHECK LIGHT IS FLASHING

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOU TOD CHECK LIGHT IS FLASHING?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.
how is the engine running?do you mean check engine light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO I DO NOT MEAN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT! THERE IS A DIAGRAM THAT SHOWS ALL FOUR WHEELS AND IS LIGHTS UP THAT SHOWS IF YOU HAVE IT IN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE HOW MUCH OF THE FOUR WHEELS ARE BEING USED. IN BETWEEN THE BACK FOUR WHEELS ON THIS DIAGRAM THERE IS A CHECK LIGHT IT STARTED FLASHING YESTERDAY. THE ENGINE SEEMS TO BE RUNNING FINE.

Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

Sorry,

TOD torque on demand, when the light is flashing it is warning of a system trouble code being set. Since this system uses other modules and systems(abs,tcm and ecu) we need to get the system scanned for trouble codes. Most parts places will scan for free. This way we have a direction in diagnosis.You can check the trans fluid.

Description and Operation
Voltage is applied with the starter switch in ON or START through the ELEC. IGN. fuse CB-4. The T.O.D. control unit receives input from the front speed sensor (transfer) and the rear speed sensor (transfer) and determines if there is any variation. In the event of a variation in speeds, voltage is applied to the clutch solenoid (transfer) to apply torque to the front wheels. While voltage is being applied to the clutch solenoid (transfer), the T.O.D. control unit is providing ground to the corresponding indicators in the meter assembly. The T.O.D. control unit receives input from the throttle position sensor (TPS) in order to determine acceleration and deceleration conditions. The T.O.D. control unit receives an input from the ABS system, when active, to apply voltage to the clutch solenoid (transfer).
good luck

Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience: 30 years GM certified, Ford certified