Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a OBDII Memoscan U381. When I to the site

Customer Question

I have a OBDII Memoscan U381. When I went to the site to download vehicle upgrades as per the instructional handbook, the U381 died to the extent that it does nothing but beep. I repeated the download procedure several times and it failed. It also gave an error code of insufficient memory, >64K. I also changed the battery with no effect. Prior to trying to download, it worked perfectly; just without the vehicle specific profiles. How can I this re-programmed and/or re-booted so it at least works? I tried to contact memoscan, but they never answered. The cite has numerous additional downloads, but without explanations. There has to be a way to re-install or re-program the base code. The disc that came with the U381 did not contain such re-install files. A new U381 costs about $50-60 on E-Bay.
Category: Car
Expert:  al-mod replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator here at Just Answer and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions do go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I withdraw the above question. I was able to find another website that had the download/re-install the correct software for my OBDII memoscanner.
Expert:  al-mod replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I will refund your deposit immediately.