Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

How do I vertically adjust the headlight aim on my 2008 Kia

How do I vertically adjust the headlight aim on my 2008 Kia Optima (driver's side)?
Hello, unsure if this will help but hope so. You will use a phillips screwdriver and insert down through the area shown and the tip of the driver turns a toothed wheel. best picture there is. Sorry.

The head lamps should be aimed with the proper beam-setting equipment, and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's instructions.

If there are any regulations pertinent to the aiming of head lamps in the area where the vehicle is to be used, adjust so as to meet those requirements.

Alternately turn the adjusting gear to adjust the head lamp aiming. If beam-setting equipment is not available, proceed as follows:
  1. Inflate the tires to the specified pressure and remove any loads from the vehicle except the driver, spare tire, and tools.
  2. The vehicle should be placed on a flat floor.
  3. Draw vertical lines (Vertical lines passing through respective head lamp centers) on the screen.
  4. With the head lamp and battery in normal condition, aim the head lamps so the brightest portion falls on the vertical lines. Make vertical adjustments to the lower beam using the adjusting wheel.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good answer except that it's a blade screwdriver and not a phillips head screwdriver. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, Its hard to remember all vehicles without being in front of me :( Most that use a phillips. Glad you got it.