Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

2002 kia spectra: vibrates..running rough..the problem motor mounts

my 2002 kia spectra with automatic trans vibrates at stop sings as if were running rough but takes off fine and drives great what could be the problem motor mounts are all in good shape.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 6 years ago.
Hi,how are you?Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

From what you are describing and from your type of vehicle,this sounds like an issue with the idle air control valve being faulty.This should be located on top of the engine near the throttle body.graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i thought that might be possible although car is on in park or neutral or is it only happening in gear since its under load
Yeah the iac valve can act really weird when it is going bad and have symtems at random times.I don't believe it is a trans issue considering the vehicle takes off and drives fine and there are no codes.