danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

2002 lincoln ls: drove..parked..checked the fuses all good new battery

Customer Question

i have a 2002 lincoln ls we drove it last night and parked it the garage this morning it wouldnt start i checked the fuses all good new battery too . i hope its something simple but running out of ideas, helpppppppp
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
its the engine turning over at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is it started once but i shut it off to install new battery and now it just turns over with no start
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

Did the problem start before of after the new battery?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
before the new battery
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
How are you at using a volt ohm meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not too well dont have one
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
I really think it has relation to the cam sensor or crank sensor more so. But you can try to shoot the starter fluid up the breather to see if she hits. If she starts then its fuel related (pump , reg). I am sure your computers is holding a code that will direct you right to it. Auto zone gives free scans but I know its not starting but you may have to get it towed. Do you plan on doing your own repairs? Do you have a friend that has a scanner>?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i have a friend that may have one not sure tho where is the cam sensor located or the crank sensor is there no warning signs before they go bad or is it spur of the moment thing (not like the old days when it didnt take brains to work on a vehicle)

Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
I know what you mean. I will be back with those locations for you. of course you know those are just shot in the dark with out inspecting componants. but if your a betting man may pay off.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we will try this thanks for the help and have a happy new year stay warm
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
I will and Happy New Year to you also. Let me know if you need anything else.