mike, bmw master tech
Experience:  ase certified.. bmw master tech

2006 hyundai sonata: headlights..dim..i apply the brakes..recall

i have a 2006 hyundai sonata with a 3.3 . when driving the headlights will dim, and the radio will turn of on its own. it seems that it happens when i apply the brakes. i took it to the dealer and they told me it was fixed because they had to replace a stoplight switch that is on recall. i picked the car up and its still doing it. the dealer says they cant find the problem and cant fix the car even though they can duplicate it. i have to go pick the car up in the morning and i know it will be stressful from the attitute i am getting. thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi you need to try a different dealer. They need to call thier tech line. It is for the technicians to call on problem cars. The radio problem have not seen. The lights dimming we have seen serval of those. The battery cables need to be replaced. That is the fix for the lights dimming. If they call tech line they are the ones that support the techs in fixing cars and they have all the problems ever in thier data base. Thanks mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a erason why this dealer does not know this? and do you have any idea why they would not want to fix the problem, i know when i pick the car up in the am there is sure to be an argument so any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Expert:  mike replied 6 years ago.

I have no idea why they dont know this. Or want to try to fix it. When we can duplicate the problem and cant fix it we cant give you the car back that is why there is a help line or the dealer rep can get involed also. I guess all dealer are not created equal. I would just be nice at first it will help most of the time. If it doesnt then you may have to call hyundai customer support then they will contact the correct people to get involed.

There is a technical bulletin for this problem here is the number 08-be-004. They will have this on the computer. It will not let me copy it I was going to paste it but that is the number they need. Thanks mike