DIAGMAN, ASE Certified Technician

99 saturn: driven..awhile..restart..electrical..battery load test

My 99 saturn starts and runs when cold and driven for awhile but then when warm and shut off and try to restart all systems seem to get power but no turn over or ingnition. Problem is intermittant and seems to be electrical in nature Carging systems and battery load test all ok Problem driving us crazy. Any ideas???????
Category: Car
Expert:  DIAGMAN replied 6 years ago.
Does everything work on the vehicle but it does not crank over?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
es everything on the vehicle seems to work but does not crank over
Expert:  DIAGMAN replied 6 years ago.
sounds like yout starter is going bad. alot of times they will have a dead spot in the starter that will not allow it to work at times. the only way to identify if it is a starter is to check for power to the starter when the problem occurs while cranking. (power on the ignition signal wire)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Diagman this appears to be a good answer but this only occurs when the engine is warm and she turns the car off and can not get it restarted. I was there in the driveway when she returned from the market and this happened. Is there anyway you can check if the starter is going bad when it is running because it may be hard to time when it failsand have it at the shop at the same time! No engine lights are lit. Would a scan help-? I will send you the fee upon clarification of the answer.
Expert:  DIAGMAN replied 6 years ago.
no a scanner will not help when it acts up tou will need to test it. if the starter is easily acessible then when it acts up tap it with a hammer while cranking it and see if it starts usually it will make sure not to hit the power wires to the starter when doing this.