DIAGMAN
DIAGMAN, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 YEARS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FEILD MASTER CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
9038504

blown head gasket and new radiator..heater core is leaking..car down

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2003 land rover discovery 2. I am just recovering from the repair bill for a blown head gasket and new radiator. Now the heater core is leaking, go figure. I was wondering if a "weekend mechanic" can replace the heater core in a timely fashion before the wife divorces me for having her car down for an extended period of time. How long might this repair take? Also where might find a shop manual for the car? Thanx
Category: Car
Expert:  DIAGMAN replied 7 years ago.
it calls for 6.3 flat rate hours to do (it should take an experienced tech this long to perform this repair) if you are going to take it to a backyard mechanic you better make sure that they have experience working on these vehicles usually the library will have a good manual for this vehicle if not then you will need to goto the service dept at the dealership and ask them if they would be willing to give you a copy of it. if not they can order you one