danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

1991 mitsubishi truck charcol canister diagram

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

what kind of truck? please be include sub model.

and if its 4wd or not.

Edited by danny on 1/1/2010 at 11:16 PM EST
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
never mind the two wheel drive only has the 2.4 looking now
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need to know where the hose from the bottom of the canister goes to.
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

graphic

Looks like the purge control solonoid valve. Let me know how it looks to you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is three holes on top, and there is one intake hose underneath the canister. That's the one i need to know.
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
I see that diagram two be right back
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. truck has no ac and no carb so where do the top ones go?
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
graphicgraphicgraphic
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
Vacum diagrams are a pain arnt they? they are so hard to find. if this does give you the direction you need I will go covert ops. actually I will check another site right now to see if we can do better.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no no help. i bought the haynes manuel but cant get a clue on where it goes. thanks for your help ill wait to see if you can find it ok.

Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
no prob I will let you know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
I am going to opt out so if another expert has a better one they can help you. If I find one I will opt back in.

Edited by danny on 1/2/2010 at 12:19 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i found it . it goes to fuel check valve then to the two way valve found next to the gass tank. thank you for your help
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
Good Job is there any other info you my have questions abouts any repair procedures you may want in the future?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well my truck over heated twice one day it was the radiator i fixed that. but as a result now i have a big oil leak it looks to be coming out on both sides of the timing chain cover and running down the side of the crank case to the block . any thought.
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

More to come. copy these pics they will expire. Pain to do individually print out if you can.

SERVICE POINTS OF REMOVAL

1. Removal of timing belt. Rotate the crankshaft clockwise and align the timing mark. CAUTION:
    • Do not rotate the crank shaft counter clockwise.
    • Do not rotate the crankshaft after the timing belt has been removed.

1. Removal of timing belt "B" As with the timing belt, mark arrows to indicate direction of travel on the outside of the belt with chalk, etc. INSPECTION

• Check the belt in detail. If the following flaws are evident replace belt with a new one.

(1)Hardened back surface rubber. Back surface glossy. Non-elastic and so hard that even if a finger nails is forced into it, no mark is produced.

(2)Cracked back surface rubber
(3)Cracked or exfoliated canvas
(4)Cracked tooth bottom
(5)Side of belt cracked

(6)Side of belt badly worn

NOTE:

• Normal belt should have clear-cut sides as if cut with a sharp knife.

(7)
Canvas on load side tooth flank worn (fluffy canvas fibers, rubber gone and color changed to white, and unclear canvas texture)
Badly worn teeth Initial stage:

Last stage:
Canvas on load side tooth flank worn down and rubber exposed (tooth width reduced)

(8)Missing tooth

Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

I would work on tightening the bolts you could stop it that way. If you need gasket replacement rand r let me know.

SERVICE POINTS OF INSTALLATION

1. Installation of timing belt (B)

(1)Ensure that crankshaft sprocket B timing mark and the silent shaft sprocket timing mark are aligned.
(2)Fit timing belt B over crankshaft sprocket B and the silent shaft sprocket. Ensure that there is no slack in the belt.

• Adjustment of timing belt (B)

(1)Temporarily fix the timing belt B tensioner such that the center of the tensioner pulley is to the left and above the center of the installation bolt, and temporarily attach the tensioner pulley so that the flange is toward the front of the engine.

(2)Holding the timing belt B tensioner up with your finger in the direction of the arrow, place pressure on the timing belt so that the tension side of the belt is taut. Now tighten the bolt to fix the tensioner.

CAUTION:

• When tightening the bolt, ensure that the tensioner pulley shaft does not rotate with the bolt. Allowing it to rotate with the bolt can cause excessive tension of the belt.

(3)Check to ensure that when center of span on tension side is depressed with index finger in direction of arrow, tension of belt is up to specification.

Standard value : 5-7 mm (.20-.28 in.)

1. Installation of timing belt

(1)Ensure that the timing marks of the cam shaft sprocket, the crank shaft sprocket, and the oil pump sprocket are all aligned.

(2)Place the upper end of the tensioner spring against the water pump body.

(3)Move tensioner fully toward water pump and temporarily secure tensioner.

(4)Install timing belt. While making sure that tension side of belt is not slackened, install timing belt onto crankshaft sprocket, oil pump sprocket and camshaft sprocket in that order.

(5)Loosen tensioner mounting bolt. By so doing, tensioner will be moved by spring and will apply tension to belt.

(6)Turn the crankshaft in normal direction (clockwise) by two teeth of the camshaft sprocket.

CAUTION:

• As the purpose of this procedure is to apply the proper amount of tension on the timing belt, be sure not to rotate the crank shaft counter clockwise or place pressure on the belt to check the amount of tension.

(7)Putting pressure clockwise on the tensioner (in the direction of the arrow) such that no portion of the belt raises out in portion A, place the belt on the camshaft sprocket such that the belt sprocket teeth are fully engaged.
(8)Tighten the tensioner bolt and tensioner spacer, in that order.

CAUTION:

• If the tensioner spacer is tightened first, the tensioner will rotate with it and belt tension be thrown out of adjustment. Always tighten the bolt first.

(9)Check to see that the clearance between the outside of the belt and the cover are within the standard value by grasping the tension side (between the camshaft sprocket and oil pump sprocket) of the center part of the timing belt between the thumb and index finger.

Standard value :14 mm (.55 in.)

Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
Remember these will expire so copy and print these off as soon as possible. Can you believe I have complete procedures like this but when it comes to vacuum its a trig question
danny, Mechanic
Experience: Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
I am leaving this question open for anything you might need just reply to a email when ever.