Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn

2001 Kia: ad.I question the mileage..miles per

My wife wants to buy a 2001 Kia GSX, 68,000 miles, auto,AC for $3000.00.
This is from a classified ad.

I question the mileage. 9 years, quessing 15,000 to 20,000 miles per year is an average miles of 135,000 or 100,000 miles. This does not look right.
What do you think?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
The average mileage driven per year is 13,476, but averages are just that, people who live in urban areas tend to drive much less. Women average about 60% less mileage per year than men(10k vs 16k) Older women drive even less, around 6k a year. So, low mileage cars like this aren't uncommon. Before you buy it just run a carfax on the vehicle and make sure there are no questionable entries and have the vehicle inspected, make sure the maintenance has been completed, it should have had the transmission fluid changed twice so far, the coolant flushed, the timing belt changed, and the spark plugs changed twice.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.