Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

Isuzu: My new felpro cylinder head store and look

My new felpro cylinder head gasket for my Isuzu 2.2L looks like it has tiny holes for the water channels, but the old gasket had additional holes. Should i trust the gasket to be correct, or go back to the parts store and look at other options?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Is it just at one end where the holes are not there?

What is the "Felpro" part number that you have?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Part number is XXXXX The new gasket has tiny (maybe 1 or 2 mm) diameter holes between cylinders on each side (exhaust/intake). The block has V-shaped channels, with the point of the V between the cylinders. The old gasket has 3 holes (per cyl, per side) where the new one has the one tiny hole. These 3 holes sort of accommodate the V shape in the block -- the head actually has 3 holes like the old gasket. This would mate up with the V shape in the block. I am concerned about the missing extra holes and that the holes are much smaller on the new gasket.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

That is the correct part number for the engine. Sometimes the holes will be a differnt size on the new gasket. As long as they are in the right spot to match the water jackets there should be no problem using it. The original gaskets from the factory will sometimes have more holes than the replacment ones. The both accomadate the water flow in the same way.