Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn
14297198

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT: for $4995.00 with 98,000 mi

we are looking at a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT for $4995.00 with 98,000 mi. really clean we do not
know alot about this car we want something for our 18yr old son to drive to school and to work
that wont be a money pit what do you think
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
They are a good car, though they have issues with thermostats, leaking radiators, noisey wheel bearings, and some transmission issues if the fluid hasn't been changed regularly. If it has a good maintenance history I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, though I strongly suggest having it inspected by a hyundai dealer before you make the purchase. Also, I wouldn't pay more than $4,000 for it, especially in this soft market.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.