Superbob
Superbob, Senior Master auto technician
Experience:  Ford Lincoln, Mercury, Seinor Master, diesel certified, mazda certified, ASE Master
17143921

1999 Lincoln town car: I remove the door panel..trick..removing

1999 Lincoln town car, how do I remove the door panel. There seems to be a trick to removing what secures the strap for closing door.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There are some screws under the little caps on the ends of the strap. Here are the instructions in a PDF format that you can download at the following link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyyzjcodyn

.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem I am having is how to access the screws at top. The panel behind the strap is solid..

That's all the information that I have on it. Let me opt out and we can relist the case to see if there may be another expert who may have more insight as to what it may be. Thank you for your patience.

HelloCustomer the handle is secured from the underside with torx head screws pointing upward, I believe it is a size t-15 torx screw, if you get a flashlight and look upward from the underside of each end of the handle you will see a small access hole to remove the screws, once out you will bend/pull the handle to separate it from the door panel, once the handle is off you will then see one additional screw on each end which is concealed by the handle. Once these two additional screws are removed, that portion of the door trim will be free.

Superbob, Senior Master auto technician
Experience: Ford Lincoln, Mercury, Seinor Master, diesel certified, mazda certified, ASE Master