Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

I have a 2003 Olds. Aurora that has 2 issues: 1. The temp.

I have a 2003 Olds. Aurora that has 2 issues:

1. The temp. controls on the left side of the steering wheel work but the light(s) is/are burned out - however, the lights on the stereo controls on the right side of the wheel work fine ..... is this a bad light or a fuse problem?

2. The driver seat heater is not working. I've inspected the 10a fuse (#16 in the fuse box under the driver side rear seat) and it is fine. However, I am noticing a click near the steering column when I press the seat heater button. What's the issue here and is it fixable without tearing the car completely apart?
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to help you.

as far as the steering wheel controls the lighting inside the buttons are led"s and once they go the only way to fix is to replace the buttons. they are available seperatly i belive instead of having to buy the whole steeing wheel and such.

as for the seat heater the clicking your hearing is the relay so that tells me that the power supply is probably godd and your seat heating pad is faulty. you will need to remove the seat and replace the pad under the covers. if you never done this kind of work before its best left to someone that is very familiar with upholstry because its a very time consuming tedious job.

Please click ACCEPT if i have been helpful and let me know if i can be of anymore assistance

positive feedback and BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED,THANKS,Lou

Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!