Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

dash lights, no taillights, no licese plate lights , no chime..fuses

i have no dash lights, no taillights, no licese plate lights , no chime when heaedlights left on. i have checked all the fuses that i know of and they all seem to be ok.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
First try to replace the taillight relay to see if that helps if not at the illumination light controller check for power on the Red wire and ground on the Black wire, when the problem occurs. Bypass the controller by jumping the Gray wire to the Black wire and see that the lights come on bright and stay on, if so the illumination controller may be faulty. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sooo... I hunted for the taillight relay, but without a book of instructions, i have no idea where to look. next, I searched for the Illumination light controller wires. well, to get to the controller it seems like you have to remove part of the dash. If not, there are so many wires that I would not know which ones go where. Therefore, I made an appt. with the Mazda dealer. I appreciate your time and help. Let me know about the fee of $23. thanks....Ray
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here is a picture, its ths TNS relay. You only have to pay if you click the accept buttong. If you want to try and get this fixed I can help you. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dan...

I got the problem fixed. It was the switch which turns the lights on and off which is located on the steering column. The steering column needed to be removed to fix the problem which I could not do. I also have noticed that my credit card had a $23 charge on it without me "accept" the answer you gave me. Is there a reason for this?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
The card is automatically charged and I get a portion of that fee if you click accept. I figured it was the switch and bypassing the controller "switch" would have verified that as the problem. You can email the website and tell them you want a refund on your card. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database