danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

both of my hummer h2s have a problem in high gear at freeway

both of my hummer h2's have a problem in high gear at freeway speeds it lugs when you try to accelerate. when you let the throtttle of a bit it surges foward with a burst of power like it should. It sometimes is erratic it feels like maybe TPS or accuator or maybe torque conveter. I have cold air intakes, perf mas sensos and exhaust work. What the hell is going on with these H2'S
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? I will check your service bulletins first for you symptoms. May I have your years of hummer?

Edited by danny on 1/1/2010 at 7:26 PM EST
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2006 hummer h2 6.0 litre vortex with 30000 miles and the other h2 has 32000 miles
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

This really sounds like your hummers symptoms what do you think?

Notes

Bulletin No.: 01-07-30-038D

Date: September 12, 2006

TECHNICAL

Subject:
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0757 Set, Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated, Poor Performance of Transmission, Transmission Slipping (Clean Transmission Valve Body and Case Oil Passages of Debris)

Models:
2007 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks
2003-2007 HUMMER H2
2006-2007 HUMMER H3
2005-2007 Saab 9-7X

with 4L60-E/4L65-E/4L70-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30/M32/M70)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2007 model year and the 4L70-E transmission. Also, information has been added to Condition, Cause and Correction.

Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-07-30-038C (Section 07 - Transmission/Transaxle).

Condition

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

An illuminated MIL where DTC P0757 is found as a history code in the PCM or TCM.

No 3rd and 4th gear.

The transmission does not shift correctly.

The transmission feels like it shifts to Neutral or a loss of drive occurs.

The vehicle free wheels above 48 km/h (30 mph). High RPM needed to overcome the free wheeling.

Cause

This condition may be caused by any of the following:

Chips or debris plugging the bleed orifice of the 2-3 shift solenoid (367). This will cause the transmission to stay in 2nd gear when 3rd gear is commanded and return to 1st gear when 4th gear is commanded.

A 2-3 shift valve (368) or 2-3 shuttle valve (369) that is stuck, restricted and/or hung-up in its bore.

This condition may also be an indication of a damaged 2-4 band or 3-4 clutches. This clutch damage may generate debris causing the 2-3 shift valve line-up to stick in the valve body bore and set DTC P0757.

Correction

Inspect the condition of the transmission fluid for signs of overheat or a burnt odor. If either is noted, the transmission should be disassembled for further investigation and repaired as needed.

Inspect the inside of the oil pan for signs of clutch friction material. A small amount of friction material in the bottom of the pan is normal. If a large amount of clutch material is noted in the fluid or bottom pan, the transmission should be disassembled for further investigation and repaired as needed.

Inspect and clean the 2-3 shift valve (368), the 2-3 shuttle valve (369) and the valve bore of debris/metal chips.

Inspect and clean the 2-3 shift solenoid (367B) opening of debris/metal chips. While inspecting the 2-3 shift solenoid (367B), look for a screen over the solenoid opening. If the solenoid DOES NOT have a screen, replace the solenoid. All current GMSPO stock shift solenoids have a screen over the solenoid opening.

If clutch debris is found, it is also very important to inspect the pressure control (PC) solenoid valve fluid screens. Clean or replace the PC solenoid as necessary. It is also important to flush and flow check the transmission oil cooler using J 45096. Refer to SI "Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Flushing and Flow Test" for the procedure.

Refer to the appropriate Service Manual for additional diagnostic information and service procedures.

Warranty Information

For repairs performed under warranty, use the applicable published labor code and information.

Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.

Let me know when you get back online we can discuss this further. Here is the image from above I have to paste them sepreately since they expire. The image at the bottom is nothing.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will that also hinder line preesure to trans ? It's funny how your throttle position with your foot changes how it accelerates. AT 70 mph if you start up A little grade and start to apply throtttle you feel it bog down and when you let up on throttle pedal a little it starts to pick up speed and surge with power seems very critical to throttle position applied at pedal.
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
Not to tranny,but in tranny. You will have to have a scanner hooked up so your values and parameters can be checked. You sure are close to being within your warranty? Are you still in warranty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes on both of them. both have thrown mal fn lights on but on one of them i have a jet programmer and have to set it back to stock to get any codes out so that does not work. the other hummer has no power coming out of the diognostic port so I cant scan it. Why no power at port?
Expert:  danny replied 4 years ago.
danny, Mechanic
Experience: Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.