Dino
Dino, Technician
Experience:  have lots of general auto exp in all cars over 24 yeas in this profession
10834442

Motor mount..bracket..The bolts snapped..timing cover

I thought my right motor mount broke but it is the bracket that is mounted between the engine and the motor mount. The bolts snapped off at the engine. Is that the timing cover? Then, I just have to buy the cover since the bolts are snapped off inside. Please advise.

hello welcome to the site

please take a look at this image and tell me if this is the mount in question.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the bracket right in front of the power steering pump pulley broke and snapped off two of the bolts attaching the bracket to the (I think) Timing Cover. If so, my question is should I replace the timing cover rather than trying to drill out the bolt in the cover.

these are going through the timing cover and into the block from what i can see.

how long is the bolt thats sticking out ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't see any sticking out. I really can't feel anything in the hole where the bolts goes into. All i can see is just a little thread on the bolt head that was on still on the bracket just because it couldn't fall out.

ok if you can take a picture and post is i can get a better view.

it looks like it is part of the cover but a picture will tell me a whole lot more.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I won't be able to posted till tomorrow. Sorry, Have a Happy New Years and a Safe one.

you do the same i will be here in the am .

Dino

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dino, Hope you had a great bringing in the New Year. I took some pictures but I'm not sure how to attach to this message. Any suggestions?
in the reply box you will see a tree icon you will click this and then click the browse button and another box will open then click browse again and locate the image on your pc.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphicgraphicgraphic

ok this sure looks like the front cover assy.

my service does not show this parts view but i can see where the bolts are broken.

so yes this sure looks like the front engine cover is the part that needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You had mentioned that the bolt might go all the way through the front cover and into the block. I stuck a small screw driver into the bolt holes and I can feel the broken bolt about 0.5" inside the hole. Your thoughts??

hmm see thats the part of me that says its into the block. and normally these mounts have to secure to the engine block since the covers and plates are not able to support the load its put under.

im going to say the bolt do go into the block.