Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist
19741685

helllo 1992 landrover 7 seater steering..tyre..kicks..jerks

helllo 1992 landrover 7 seater steering extremly light and very touchy also when slight movement to right then back to left as if a flat tyre dangous body kicks down jerks suddenly any help thanks charlie
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you.

In my opimion the pressure regulator control vavle is stuck in the wide open position. I checked my data resources and I do not have a view of the steering pump, lines and/or steering gear. So I am not sure whether the regualator is built into the pump or placed in the high pressure line. The regulator is simply a valve with a spring on it that by-passes any fluid above a certain pressure to make the steering system controlable.

This is about all I can tell you without being there to diagnose and inspect the vehicle myself.

It does sound like a dangerous condition so I would get it to a reputable shop if you have access to one.

Hope these comments help you.

Sincerely,

Dale