danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

STEERING..AIR AND WHEELS TURN OKAY LOWER TO SKID PLATE

45000 MILES MANUAL STEERING VERY HARD LIFTED IN THE AIR AND WHEELS TURN OKAY LOWER TO SKID PLATE AND THEY TURN FAIRLY HARD MORE THAN WHAT I BELIEVE A SMALL CAR SHOULD EXPERIENCE IS THIS A PROBLEM THAT OTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED OR IS THIS NORMAL
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

Manuel steering is very hard unless you start to move there are so few made anymore it hard to compare. the only thing you can check for is loose componants and the steering shaft joint may be bound up. This is the basic instructions for stiff steering.

Previous Next

Steering wheel becomes stiff when turned

1. Check the steering wheel free-play adjustment and reset as needed.
  2. Check for a damaged steering gear assembly. Replace the steering gear and perform a front end alignment.
  3. Check for damaged or seized suspension components. Replace defective components and perform a front end alignment.

I am assumeing since you have had it in the air you are checking these already.