Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

LINCOLN LS: V6..COIL..THE SCANNERS SENSORS THAT WORK OFF OF 5 VOLT

Customer Question

HEY
GETTING CODES 2107 AND 2110 ON A 04 LINCOLN LS V6 TRIGGER EMERGENCY LIMP HOME OR SOMETHING UNTIL YOU CUT THE CAR OFF AND RESET IT ..INTERNET HAS MANY POSTS ABOUT PLUGS AND COIL PACS ...TPS WOULD NOT RETURN TO CLOSED IDLE AND WE REPLACED IT WITH A NEW FORD UNIT ...CURED IT FOR A DAY OR TWO NOW IT BACK ONLY OTHER OUT OF PLACE THING WE HAVE FOUND IS WHEN IT IS IN THAT MODE SOME OF THE SCANNERS SENSORS THAT WORK OFF OF 5 VOLT REFERENCE ARE READING 7 + ON THEIR OUTPUTS ...
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
im willing to bet that the miss fire codes are from a bad valve cover gasket... the LS8's and v6's up till 04 had issues with the gaskets leaking down into the spark plug holes damaging plugs and coils and all ford techs everywhere know to replace all coils and plugs before doing anymore diagnosis. what i am told is that the ignition coils have a internal malfunction which sends excess "noise" through the electrical system causing problems with the throttle actuator. but its also a good idea to check for oil in the plug holes. hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT HASNT BEEN BUT 3-4 WEEKS SINCE THE OWNER REPLACED THE VALVE COVER GASKETS AND PLUGS AND BOOTS BECAUSE OF A EXTERNAL V/C LEAK AT THE BACK OF THE HEAD ON ONE SIDE ...I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HIM (MAKING SURE HE WAS GONNA PAY FOR THIS ..LOL..)AND HE SAID IT DID IT ON THE WAY HOME AND THE GAUGES WENT DEAD UNTIL HE PULLED OFF AND CUT THE CAR OFF AND RESTARTED IT ....HAS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE NOW
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
hmmm . ok so now theres 2 problems?? check engine light now gauges not working?? i;m thinking just a loose ground if that new problem just happened after a repair. so its probably not a HUGE deal.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I USED TO BE HIS LEAD TECH ,THEN I FELL AND BROKE BOTH ARMS ALL FOUR BONES AT THE WRISTS AND SHOULDER AND OTHER STUFF THAT KEEPS ME FROM DOING MUCH BUT LOOKING AND ANSWERING THE PHONE AND HELPING WITH STUFF LIKE THIS ...I THOUGHT THE SAME THING YESTERDAY THAT IT WAS GROUND OR WIRING RELATED .SO I HAD THEM CHECK FRONT FRONT TO BACK GROUNDS ,CONNECTORS PLUG INS. ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE WATER OR OIL OR PINCHED OR CUT OR BURNT .NOTHIN OUT OF THE WAY THE 5 VOLT REFERENCE SENSORS GOING CRAZY SEEMS LIKE WHATEVER IN THE COMPUTER CUTS THE 12 VOLT DOWN IS GOING CRAZY ,ONE OF THOSE CODES MAKES REFERENCE TO SOME PART DID NOT SELF TEST .... DO THE GAUGES AND ENGINE WORK OUT OF THE SAME COMPUTER ON THIS CAR ??? I DO REMEMBER THAT WHEN WE CHANGED THE PLUGS HE WAS GOING OUT OF TOWN AND NOBODY HAD THE MOTORCRAFT SO WE PUT IN NGK ...BUT NGK MAKES THE PRECIOUS METAL PLUGS FOR MOTORCRAFT
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
that much i cannot tell you and i dont want to guess and waste your time. but i am familer with the coils needing to be replaced i recently became a insurance adjuster for extended warranties and half of the trips i make to repair shops are do tu coil problems and have had to return 0 times for a miss diagnosis. so im pretty confident that the coils will help some.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DO YOU THINK THAT THE COILS CAN BE SENDING FIRE SOMEHOW TO CAUSE ALL THESE SYMPTOMS ...BACK FEEDING TO SHORT THE COMPUTER SOMEHOW ? IF THE COILS ARNT THE PROBLEM WHAT WOULD BE THE NEXT THING YOU WOULD CONSIDER ,COMPUTER , THROTTLE ASSM. ?????????
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
well what i am told is that the coils would fail internally and send ELECTRONIC NOISE through the signal wires to the pcm causing it to misread all the signals of all or some of the inputs. so i tell ya what after you check the coils let me know and i can put you in touch with a for mechanic or inquire myself. my help does not stop . im here for ya!!!!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IM NEW TO THIS SITE ,WHEN I ACCEPT HOW DO I GET BACK UP WITH YOU TO INQUIRE AGAIN ?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
i'm not 100% sure i think when you log on it has a section in the box see where it says 383c\baracuda (online) 0 accepts/1question (1open) you can click on the 1 open and it should bring you bcak to this section. if not you can request a xpert im usually online after 5pm and sometimes from 7am-10am depending on my calls,
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK MAN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ....IM GONNA GO ON AND ACCEPT THIS THING AND I WILL GET THEM ON IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING ...8ISH AND IF I CANT GET THIS THING HANDLED I WILL TRY TO GET BACK UP WITH YOU ......
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 years ago.
k .