Mike Myers
Mike Myers, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Associates degree in automotive technology, shop owner
26879743

My brake lights are not working on my 02 Mitsubishi Montero

My brake lights are not working on my 02 Mitsubishi Montero SPort. Just noticed....replaced both back brake lights...one was burnt...and all three little light on the brake light on the hatchback. Fuse in the passenger box looks good. COuld it be a brake sensor? Or wiring. The tail lights work and the blinkers
pull fuse out and look at it to make sure it is not broken. if fuse is good, then most likely cause is the brake light switch, located on brake pedaL. very easy to change, held in by a clip and have elec. connector on it, about $15 at any parts store. hope this helps, good luck.
-mike

Please click the accept button,as this is the only way for me to get paid for my work. understand we will still be able to correspond about any questions you may have
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The brake light sensor would be on the actual pedal?
yes, it is located about 6 inchs above the pedal, it is a plastic rectangular part, with an elec. plug on it. there is a plunger that rests on a plate attached to the pedal.