Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!

my mazda rx8 wont spark plug wont fire when cranking

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like your eccentric shaft position sensor has failed, this is what tells the computer when to fire the coils. To test the sensor use a voltmeter to montor ac voltage while cranking, if it does not put out voltage relace. Let me know if you have questions, thanks

graphic

Edited by Dan on 12/12/2009 at 4:04 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is eccentric shaft and where is it
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

I attatched a picture with instructions on the last post but you probably read it after I did that so check it again and let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
No problem, let me know if you need anything else. You can reply at anytime, thanks again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am not getting no crank from key is there a antiteft device on the car and where is it
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

This just all of a sudden started happening? Is there a theft/security light on the dash that is on or blinking? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i bought the car from the action right front hit there is ared light with the key symbol blinking
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
I'll opt-out and let someone who is more familiar with this security system help. Someone will respond autmatically if they can help. DO not reply otherwise the question will be locked to me, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hey dan i did not get any reply from anybody
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Then so far there no one that feels confident in answering the question. Different experts are online at different times so it might take a day or two until someone is able to help you. But everytime you reply to me the question is locked to me again. So not not reply and someone will help you as soon as the right person sees the question. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am going to send the car back to the action to re sell cant get it fix thank you
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Did you still need help with the RX8 or has it made its way back to the auction?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i need help for one last time before i send it back got a guy to do diagnostic says ecu is not reading to his computer
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 4 years ago.

Does the key light blink when the key is turned to run?

How many keys do you have?