Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified
11302663

I hit a pothole with my front right tire and now when I make

I hit a pothole with my front right tire and now when I make a right turn down an incline (or a left turn up and incline) my car makes a rubbing groaning sound. What could be wrong?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.
is the steering wheel straight when you drive down most roads now? Did you bend the rim?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it seems to be straight, I let go of the wheel a few times to see if it veers in either direction but it seems to be straight. I can't tell by looking if the rim is bent. I do have low profile tires and 18 inch rims, if that matters. Also, if I make a wide turn down an incline it doesn't to make a noise, just a tight turn. Sounds like rubber rubbing and it is coming from the wheel area.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.

you probably bottomed out on the inner fender well, or surrounding front bumper brackets and broke it or pulled it down. If you stick your hand behind and around the tire you may feel it. should be plastic and could be put back out of the way

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't get my hand back there that well but I didn't feel anything that seemed to be loose. When I turn and it makes that noise it's horrible, I can feel it through the steering wheel like it's just rubbing or grinding. Also, soetimes when I make a quick right turn it sounds like it rattles a little.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.
if the parts rubbing is on the tire/rim or steering knuckle it will transfer to the steering wheel.