Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified
11302663

Hello. I need to replace my blend door actuator on a my 02

Hello.
I need to replace my blend door actuator on a my 02' Mitsubishi Galant. Are the any instructions on how to remove/replace this? I have done one a 2004 Ford Explorer so I'm little bit mechanically inclined. Any help would be appreaciate it.

thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 years ago.

greetings,

This has a water control valve(heater control valve). If no heat this is what you want. Check to see if it tries to move when you switch to heat.

Water Shut Motor Check

WATER SHUT MOTOR CHECK

Water Shut Valve Controller Continuity Check

CAUTION: When the motor stops, disconnect battery cable.

good luck

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already checked those and everything works.................. I know for sure it's the blend door that doesn't work.............. Do you have any instructions on how to remove that part?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 years ago.

the blend air door is controlled by cables and is on the drivers side. I would make sure a cable has not disconnected or the control assembly is not broken. The only electric actuator is for out side fresh air mix.

hope these pics help.

REMOVAL SERVICE POINTS

<> HEATER CONTROL ASSEMBLY REMOVAL
After disconnecting the heater/cooler unit side connections of the air mix damper lever cable and air outlet changeover link cable, remove the heater control assembly.

<> AIR MIX DAMPER LEVER CABLE, AIR OUTLET CHANGEOVER DAMPER LINK CABLE REMOVAL
Insert a flat-tipped screwdriver into the control base clip from inner side, and then remove the cable by lifting the claw part of the clip.

INSTALLATION SERVICE POINT

>>A<< HEATER CONTROL ASSEMBLY INSTALLATION

1. Follow the steps below to install the air outlet changeover damper link cable.
  1. Set the air outlet changeover control knob on the heater control assembly to the defroster position.
  2. Set the air outlet changeover damper link of the heater/cooler unit to the defroster position as shown in the illustration, and then connect the cable to the link pin.
  3. Push the outer cable in the direction so that there is no looseness, and then secure it with the clip.
  1. Follow the steps below to install the air mix damper lever cable.
  1. Set the temperature control knob on the heater control assembly to the maximum hot position.

1. Set the air mix damper lever of the heater/cooler unit to the maximum hot position as shown in the illustration, and then connect the cable to the lever pin.
  2. Push the outer cable in the direction so that there is no looseness, and then secure it with the clip.
  1. After installation, ensure that each damper operates smoothly by operating the heater control assembly knob.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the information, that really does help. One thing though.....I'm not able to view the pictures. Can you repost them again or e-mail me to me? Thanks for the help.

Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 years ago.

hope this helps

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. You sent me 5 pictures originally but I only got 2 now.....could you send the other 3 pictures.

Thanks for the help

Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 years ago.

ok, system changed. Now I have to load the pictures on my pc then use the insert image feature.OK figures a faster way to do this.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience: 30 years GM certified, Ford certified