danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

1998 Lincoln: starts right..car started..(seconds) stalled..restart

1998 Lincoln - Never had starting issues. Always starts right up. I had a bad battery, bought a new one, car started briefly (seconds) stalled and now will not restart. Turns over quite well.
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
I am going to bring up some coil info be right back
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanx..Someone had mentioned timing chain issues as well.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
You have eight seperate coild for each spark plug so its douptful they would all go out. You have a cam sensor and as far as the timing chain you wont have spark. so we need to find out what your missing spark , fuel or air. an easy way to see if you have fuel is to use starting fluid in the breather. And spark you can check by removing a spark plug and put the wire back on and turn the engine over looking for the spark. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not planning on doing my own work..wish I could. I have a mechanic that is out of town but need my vehicle now if you know what I mean. It is just so crazy that this is happening since I have never had any problems whatsoever with starting my car no matter what.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
If you can get the car to start with some starting fluid its probably the fuel pump. I really hope its not your timing chain for you. if not its probably your cam sensor or crankshaft sensor of course those would probably show up on a scan. Autozone offers free scans.