LowTech, Diagnostic, Electrical, Mechanical
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience in European, Import and Exotic diagnostic and mechanical training

clutch pedal is locked to the floor board on my 1973 Spyder...hydrolic

Customer Question

The clutch pedal is locked to the floor board on my 1973 Spyder. I am able to shift in in out of gear but not clutch. Could it hydrolic or is their a tension spring on clutch. James Goode San Clemente, [email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  LowTech replied 6 years ago.
Is this a hydrolic clutch system? If so, are you able to pull the clutch back up?

If it is mechanical clutch, and you are not able to pull the clutch peddle back up, it is possible your pressure plate has collapsed. You can pull teh rubber boot back at the clutch fork where it goes into the bell housing and look inside to see what the problem is.

Please let me know what you find?
Thank you for choosing Just Answer. If this has helped in any way Please click ACCEPT this is only way I get paid. Bonus's and Positive Feedback is appreciated. If you need more help please ask.