danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

Kia Sedona: automatic transmission..my transmission..vin nr..kit

Customer Question

My Kia Carnaval 2007 automatic transmission need to be replaced .What american Kia model or other brand and what year can fit my car without problem?The Kia mechanic check and showed me that transmission code of my transmission is A5HF1 and that the Kia Sedona gasoline has the same code, so if I buy from a salvage yard what is the correct model and part nr, do I need to send.The vin nr, of my car is KNAMB761376139088.If there is n o other way out ,where can I buy a shop manual for overhauling the trsm, and is the complete kit for this,Please send me a reply as asap. Thanks Gerard
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Have you checked with the salvage yard yet. They have a cross reference to match up transmissions and engines and other parts. What have you tried so far
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I didn"t chek with the salvage yard , also it's dificult for me because I'm outside the country.Please can you check the cross refererence for me because I'm needing my car asap.Thanks Gerard.

Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

You transmission is very year specific. They change the tranny's like mid year. In the states The savage yards can not look up your euro carnaval. There is a chance that if you give me the year of the kia sedona I could verify if the transmission matches up. But only to th code you gave me. I did find out some hyndai"s have it. Here is the web search i found on it. I hope it helps.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ACGW_enUS349US350&q=transmission+is+A5HF1