danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

2007 mazda 6: the turn signals..keyless entry..disconnected

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mazda 6 and the turn signals on the left side constantly stay on even when the car is off. When this first started, my remote keyless entry, and my dome lights also stopped working. We disconnected the battery and everything except for the turn signals began working. What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Lets start with a relay being stuck first before we blame your switch. I will be back with the relay location.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
is yours the 4 or six cyl
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had a mechanic check all of the relays and according to him, everything was fine. He also hooked it up to a computer and scanned it and everything came back normal. I have the 4 cyl.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me again if the left turn signals are on al the time or on all the time and blinking
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They stay on all the time even when the car is off. They do not blink at all. Also the auto windows do not work anymore. They roll down but the automatic button does not work.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

you either have a ground short to your power or there is moisture some where. You will have to trace your wires from back to front inspecting every little bit of wiring.

I hope this diagram helps

Diagram 0918-5a

Routing View 0918-5a

Diagram 0918-5b

Routing View 0918-5b

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I take it to a dealer, how much am I looking at? Is this a very tedious process that is gonna cost me a lot?
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
If they are honest it should only be a hour diagnostic fee plus repair. I dont see it being a costly repair at all unless it involves the body control unit. I doupt that though.