Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

1992 mazda b1600: problem a few years..wouldnt start

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Mazda B2600i that was having a recent problem were it would die as I was driving. Now I am unable to get it to start. I had a computer problem a few years back where it wouldn't start and was thinking it was my problem again. I pulled the G618 /G618 18 881A/ E2T03081M computer and opened it up to see if I could tell which part was replaced last time. It looked like C103 a 47 mf at 63V Cap was the only thing I could tell that had been replaced. I pulled it out of circuit and tested and it tested good. I cleaned the board up a bit and tested continuity around the part ( there was a couple big soldier bridges) and everything seems good. Now I'm not sure if the computer is my problem.

Is the 47mf at 63V cap what usually fails or are there other parts that go bad? Your thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated.

Category: Car
Expert:  LowTech replied 6 years ago.
Yes, these were known for a bad cap on the board and that is the only part documented that needs replaced in the ECM.

Do you have any codes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your response it was very helpful. I am ready to pay but can't figure out how. What a hassle!