Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

2003 Sorento: ~ have installed new fuel pump..start first..10 minutes

2003 Sorento ~ hard to start ~ have installed new fuel pump, did not cure issue.

Hard to start first thing in the morning......hard to start after being off for 10 minutes.

Hi,how are you?Does your vehicle have the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The engine lite is not on.

The hard starting occurs only when the engine is warm.

Lets say I stopped into the drugstore for 10 minutes, will not start, just like it is flooding

Had a code test done and it said something about the fuel mixture...but no one seems to know how to rectify

Ok,from what you are describing is a bad mass air flow sensor.The mass air flow (MAF) sensor measures the mass of the air entering the engine. Because air mass varies with air temperature (cold air is denser than warm air), measuring air mass provides the PCM with a very acurate way of determining the correct amount of fuel to obtain the ideal fuel/air mixture.This sensor is located in the air intake plenum assembly.