David Dill
David Dill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years as Technician, 14 years with Chrysler Group LLC
14774302

2003 chrysler 300m 3.5 H.o.

2003 chrysler 300m 3.5 H.o. vin g . I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS CODE COME UP ON THIS CAR ON AND OFF FOR A YEAR P0441b evap cont purge flow . I have replaced the purge selinoid .light stays off for 1 week and back on again same code ? It looks like the other part that controls it is a flow management valve . I do not want to throw parts at this with out knowing for sure . thanks for your help Bill.
Category: Car
Expert:  David Dill replied 7 years ago.

A very common issue is in the NVLD pump on these cars.

Here is the

Set Condition: The PCM activates the EVAP Purge solenoid gradually increases to

maximum flow. During flow, the PCM looks for the NVLD switch to close. If the PCM does not see the NVLD switch close at maximum flow an error is detected.

Two Trip Fault

The switch inside the NVLD should close when vacuum is applied and the PCM sees this action. Of course the easiest way to verify that it is either working properly or not is with a scan tool that will read the NVLD switch state. I always verify that the PCM can actually control the NVLD by making a temporary contact of the wiring and seeing the switch state change. If I can manually close the contact and the "natural" way cannot it is a faulty NVLD. You'll find this on the vapor canister on the passenger side of fuel tank.