Terry S. Trent
Terry S. Trent, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Associates Degree Automotive Technologies

I have a 1986 944 Turbo Porsche (951) the car is running very

I have a 1986 944 Turbo Porsche (951) the car is running very rich. There's so much fuel it leaks into my oil. I've ohm the injectors they came out good 4.5-4.8 and I've replaced the following parts.

Fuel Pressure Regulator
Spark Plugs
Ignition Coil
Distributor Cap
Rotor Button

I've had to disconnect an injector to be able to keep it from flooding and killing the injector soleniods. Any ideas? Maybe a sensor like air flow meter or dme computer.

It pretty much only mentions Airflow Meter, (FULL LOAD ENRICHMENT SWITCH) and AIT air intake temerature sensor, and CTS coolant temerature sensor as possibilities... I am looking at Airflow Meter and I will get you the testing procedures.

Try this test, as much fuel as it dumping it sounds like (Max Fuel Enrichment) is being requested? It's a start, below is a simple test.

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 12/1/2009 at 8:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so would the "max fuel enrichment" be related to the idle speed adjuster located on the intake?

There are two switches involved IDLE and THROTTLE ...

The throttle swicth has 4 wires all White w/ RED GREEN BLUE BLACK the idle switch i cannot read it, my wiring diagram sux it's such an old vehichle they made the diagram really blurry just a black and white picture.

Do you happen to have a diagram or manual with good wiring pictures?

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 12/1/2009 at 8:58 PM EST
Damnit this is a first but I will (opt) out of this one and refer to a pure porsche tech, I dont have good enough data to complete the testing. That test basicaly is checking for a grounded out wire in betwen the THROTTLE SWITCH circut and the ECU or CONTROL Module causing it to flood.

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 12/1/2009 at 9:05 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

lol ok man, appreciate all your help

Honestly it would be a good idea anyway to check the wiring harness from the ECU to the engine controls and switches for (grounded wires) because of the age the vehicle, and COOLANT SENSOR, AIR FLOW METER, AIR INTAKE TEMP, OXYGEN SENSOR, they all effect the mixture.

The reason I wanted to start with that is because it does sound like a wire shorted to ground possiby to the THROTTLE SWITCH causing a flood, double check all of the wiring.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks a lot man, I'll do the tests on these sensors and mess with the idle screw as well. Thanks for your help.
Cool if you need more help just re-post the quetion, ty...