Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division
1699649

2002 mitsubishi galant: V6..module..the distributor but nothing..leads

I have a 2002 mitsubishi galant V6. I have no spark coming from the ditributor module. I have power going to the distributor but nothing coming out wich leads me to believe the crankhaft positioning sensor is good because the distribtor is getting power. Any suggestions? The distributor module hs already been replaced.

Hi,you may have a defective MFI relay,this can be tested as outlined in the procedure I am sending along with diagrams showing the relay location and connector pin out.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I swapped the horn relay with the mfi relay and still no spark. I contacted a dealership wich kinda gave me some direction letting me know that it is either the ECU (engine control unit) relay that is bad or the ecu itself

HiBobby, before i bit the bullet and replaced the ECM I would make sure the relay was getting power at terminal1,2 red/white wires, a ground signal from the ECM on terminal 3 the light blue wire and sending power out on term 4 Red wire

graphic.

Edited by Roadside Jerry on 12/1/2009 at 11:17 PM EST