FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello. I really need help. I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 conv.

Customer Question

Hello. I really need help. I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 conv. Yesterday after driving for about 15 minutes my car stalled. I am able to get it to start again but it stalls immediately. I must keep giving it gas in order for it not to stall out. I found a "mechanic" who has something that reads P-codes. It is giving P1312, P1334, P0340, & P1230. But, he has no idea what they mean as he does not have a service manual. At first I was thinking bad gas or a clogged fuel line or filter but, he thinks it's something to do with the AC and wants to start replacing stuff associated with that. My problem is that I live on the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean. I own the only Saab on the island and all parts need to be Fed Ex'd in. So, I would like to have a more definitive guess before I start shipping parts down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer when you give the engine gas to keep it from dying will it rev fine?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does rev fine. If I turn the AC off, the entire car shutters and shakes, but it does keep running now (but only with the AC off). If the AC is on it starts and dies still.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 6 years ago.
Okay. THese codes that you are receiving are for multiple different sensors in the vehicle. These will not typically all show up at the same time. For these to all come up together it is usually a losse connection a the panel shown below. You need to have these connections checked for tightness and corrosion.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, so if I have a light out (which I do), or need an oil change (which I do but, I'm not that far over :). These codes will show up even if they are not involved with the problem?
Expert:  FixItMan replied 6 years ago.
Yes. THese codes do not have anything to do with the light or the oil change. They are a separate issue.