The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained

according: 1999 RANGE / landrover 4.6..gearbox..rpm..tow..trailer

i have a 1999 RANGE / LANDROVER 4.6 AUTOBIOGRAPHY making some gearbox noises , one is a singing noise according to the RPM of the motor , the other one is a more hard noise like rubbing metal parts can make . Is this caused by a too long servicing time ?? just buy this strog car to to tow a trailer with dem machines , total weight more than 2000 kg and i do not want to stay along the road ; can somebody give me adise before bringing this car to the LR. dealer in my town . Thanks DIRK

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Yes, based on your descriptions, unfortunately, it is likely the gearbox has failed. The only recommendation besides getting it to a repair facility as soon as possible would be to not tow anything and drive it carefully until this condition has bin resolved.

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED! If you accept MY answer please click on the “ACCEPT” button by THIS answer.

Thank You!