Terry S. Trent
Terry S. Trent, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Associates Degree Automotive Technologies
26393954

My 199 ,9.

Customer Question

my 199 ,9.5 i was driving and it cut off,tried to restart it and now it"s saying that it don't recognize the key and it now start
Category: Car
Expert:  Terry S. Trent replied 7 years ago.

Hehe, what is the YEAR , MAKE and MODEL of the vehilcle>?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its not starting since then
What is the YEAR , MAKE and MODEL of the vehilcle>?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi good morning my name Al Fearon,the year of my car is a 1999 saab 9.5,iwas driving and it cut off on me ,when i tried to start it back my infonation pannel keep telling me that my key is not reconise and wont start,

Unfortunately my freind this error (Key Not Recognized) will require you tow it to the Saab (DEALERSHIP) This error (Key Not Recognized) involves the (TWICE) control uinit for anti theft detterent etc. The posibilities are electronic component failure, the ignition key is worn and will need to be replaced and also the computer system will need to be re-programmed using a special tool IE.. GM TECH II scan tool.

This is not something you can fix at home... It must be towed to an authorized Saab dealer, there is no other option... First I would contact the DEALERSHIP and verify this cannot be done remotely using ONSTAR system but I am 99.9% positive you will need to have this vehicle towed to a Saab dealer...

Thank you...

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 12/1/2009 at 1:43 PM EST