Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 ranger: flex fuel..a Mazda B3000) I was replacing the fuel pump

2001 ranger 3.0 flex fuel. (Actually a Mazda B3000) I was replacing the fuel pump. I broke the plastic spring retainers that hold 2 of the plastic lines to the fuel pump. The two lines are the two that go up to the fuel filter on the frame (I think its the fuel filter). Any how the retainer clips are the same on both ends of the lines, one line though being larger diameter at each end. The retainers are oblong circles that fit into the line fittings. When you push them in they release the line from the nipple fitting. One is green and the other is orange. I have tried everywhere to obtain these retainers with no luck. Ford is telling me I have to buy new lines at $180 each. Can't find the in a wrecker as of yet. Anyone know of a source for the retainer clips? Again they are oblong and not the u or c shaped open end. They are closed oblong.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 years ago.

Hello Customer

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to provide an answer you can Hit Accept on in a timely matter.

You need to contact http://www.dormanproducts.com/ or www.fmsiinc.com/fuel-retainer-clips.htm to get some clips or seek a junkyard to get the fuel lines as cheaper options.