Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2003 Hyundai Elantra: the check engine light came..accelerating

My 2003 Hyundai Elantra's turn signals stopped working yesterday. Today the "check engine" light came on, and the car is a little less responsive (sluggish) first accelerating from a stop. Could they be related problems?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi,how are you?No these two issues are most likely not related,the signals could just be a relay or fuse,the check engine light is on due to a trouble code that the computer is sending,you can get this trouble code by going to auto zone and having the vehicle hooked up to a scanner,they do this for free.Depending on the trouble code would depend on how serious the problem is.