Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters

2004 Elantra GT: I loosen my clutch cable a little?..sedan

how can I loosen my clutch cable a little? I have a 2004 Elantra GT sedan 5 speed
Hello, So Whats goeing on with your clutch, if you don t mind me asking ?.......Thanks Joey
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Clutch almost gone, slipping in all gears unless I baby it. I have 170k on it and I am getting a new car after the 1st of the year. Just want to stretch it out if I can

Hi, Just was thinking 98 % are Hydrolic.......Sure you even have a cable ?

Edited by Joe Barfield on 12/1/2009 at 3:01 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good question, I do not know for sure. But the clutch petal must attach to something. hopefully what ever it is is adjustable. please don't tell me a lack of tranny fluid would cause the same effect. I haven't checked it in a year
Sorry for Miss Spells My Keyboard is not working if it were low of fluid you would have NO-PEDAL........The Clutch Master Cylinder is under the hood right beside the brake master cylinder.......If they Slip there is no adjustment except to replace the clutch with a Kit.......Sorry.......