Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

1998 olds Bravada: 4.3 goes away, hold..bucks

1998 olds Bravada, 4.3 Vortec has a PO300 code. Feels like it's breaking up when throttle is held steady above 2000 rpms. Step a the gas and it goes away, hold steady, bucks a little. Has new plugs, cap, rotor, wires, coil, fuel pump and filter, New multiport convertion fuel injection system, egr valve, crank and cam sensors. when running rough above 2000 rpms, smells a rich in the eghaust. no O2 sensor problems. I'm out of ideas. Help?
Hi,how are you?Have you tested the mass air flow sensor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Opps, sorry. That's new also. when its cool or damp out, is when it acts up. nice warm days, it runs like a top.
Ok,honestly the only thing left that you have not replaced all ready that could be causing this is the harmonic balancer,as the can cause the issues that you are describing,beyond that it would really be the computer itself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks for the help Mike. I will try to get one to see if this will help. Thank you again. have a good night.
Thank you.