Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My wifes 2001 Continental check transmission light recently

My wife's 2001 Continental check transmission light recently came on so I had my neighbor run a diagnostic scan on the car and got back a code P1744 Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position.

What would the repair for this particular code intail? I just want to have some idea before I take it to a transmission repair shop.

Eric Peurala
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
This most likely means the torque converter clutch solenoid has failed which is about a $50 part and a 4 hour job. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the reply Dan. Any idea as to where it is located on the car, for $50.00 I'll just change the thing myself.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
You will need to remove the drivers side axle to remove the transmission side cover. I do not have a picture available for this vehicle but when you buy the replacement solenoid it will come with a picture of whre the solenoid is located. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Sounds good. If you have questions with anything during the process let me know, thanks again.